They say mothers of boys work from ‘son’ up till ‘son’ down. Well it’s true, and it comes with perks too. Here are 15 ways you know you are a mother to a little man.
- You have endless drawers, boxes and bags of race cars, trucks, and more race cars.
- You’ve become accustomed to stepping on Lego blocks and Spiderman action figures in the middle of the night.
- There’s always a finger in your eye, ear, nose and mouth during cuddle time.
- You have an obsessive, unhealthy knowledge of Pixar’s Cars di-casts.
- You find yourself randomly running in shopping malls yelling things like: “No you can’t take off your pants here!”
- You have a bag full of orphan socks.
- There is no time for you to sit and watch a movie yourself and memorized lines and sequences from Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo and Turbo.
- The Barbie isle is the least of your concerns – you whizz through and spend a good 40 minutes deciding which car race track is more kick ass.
- You don’t think bracelets, hairbands or skirts – it’s football jerseys, Nintendo’s, PSP’s and sports sneakers.
- A separate budget for laundry detergent is a must to get rid of all these inexplicable stains.
- Whether it’s a towel or a pillow-case, you can turn it into a cape and play superhero games.
- You’re always prepared to catch a flying toddler boy as he jumps off the table or couch yelling: “catch meee” or “big hug”.
- Your car always has socks, slippers, jumpers, sneakers and of course, toy cars.
- You always talk about the day he turns into a rebellious teenager.
- You’ve thought of ways to torture your son’s future gf/fiancee/wife if she upsets him.